Venue

The history of the academy began in 1825, when Count István Széchenyi offered one year’s income of his estate for the purposes of a Learned Society at a district session of the Diet in Pressburg (Pozsony, present Bratislava, seat of the Hungarian Parliament at the time), and his example was followed by other delegates. Its task was specified as the development of the Hungarian language and the study and propagation of the sciences and the arts in Hungarian. It received its current name in 1845. Its central building was inaugurated in 1865, in neo-Renaissance style. You may learn more about the history of the building here.

Address of the Workshop venue:

Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Széchenyi István Sq. 9
H-1051 Budapest
Hungary

Floorplans:
(click the arrows to go up/downstairs – in blue: premises used for the meeting)

Image is not available
Image is not available
Image is not available
Arrow
Arrow
Slider

Gallery:

Photos by Tamás Thaler & the event service of HAS

Map:

View 3D panorama >>